No Updates, anyone else pay for stuff via D6LABS.COM?

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Hello,

I backed Steve on the kickstarter and got redirected to his www.d6Labs.com

I order items totaling $205.65.  He appears to be dead or a scammer.  I have emailed at all his many different sites, no response.  I may call small claims court in Yukon, Oklahoma to check options for filing a case.  Very sad, seemed like a cool project.

If anyone else got scammed please reply. May be able to get monbey back from him.

J.P.

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2012 at 4:21 PM

J.P.

You are right to be upset about the lack of updates on this site.  I did promise frequent updates and I did not provide them.  For that I apologize and as of today that will be fixed.

The primary reason that I have not made the updates is that, to date, I have received less than $1000 backing the project from a handful of people.  Since the number was small, I have been responding to e-mails, of which I have had exactly one request for an update in the middle of last month.  Since I do not know your e-mail address, I cannot say for sure that I have not received any e-mails from you.  However, I have looked through spam and every other folder in my email and I do not have any emails with JwiK in the subject line which I have not responded to.

While I agree that you have a right to expect the updates I promised on this site, I take issue with your attack on my company and character.  This is the second place that you have posted denigrating comments.  While you claim that you have not gotten responses, I cannot find the emails you supposedly sent.  Furthermore, you have not called our number, which is posted on our website, nor have you posted on our forums, nor have you commented on the Kickstarter site.  Even on this site, the only comment from you is a complaint: where are your requests for information?  They don't exist.  All payments are made through Paypal, so you also had that avenue for filing a dispute.  I do recall that there was one order I had to process through my SquareUp account, so that would be the one case where a dispute might not have been possible.

Today, I will be sending an email to every single customer who has placed an order with a JwiK™ related item on it.  If you are one of those people, you will receive the e-mail.  In that e-mail, I will give my personal e-mail address AND cell phone number so that those customers can reach me 24/7 lest anyone else claim that I am scamming them.   Furthermore, I will refund anyone's prepayment pledge that wants a refund.  It is not worth $206.65 to me to have an angry customer, justified or not, spewing insults in order to damage my reputation.  In truth, I am committed to customer satisfaction and will gladly refund any customer's order upon request without explanation.  Anytime issues have come up with orders,even if they were not our fault, I have always shipped extra product and upgraded shipping to compensate.

When you receive that e-mail, you will have the information necessary to contact me directly.  If you want a refund, let me know and I will arrange it immediately.  Furthermore, I will gladly ship the product to you when it is ready free of charge because I do feel like I owe you something extra because I did fail to post updates here.

Lastly, the original schedule on Kickstarter called for the JwiK™ products to be delivered in late November.  In September, it seemed like we would beat that schedule despite the lack of proper funding.  It now looks like it will be January-February (with a high degree of confidence).  There are Kickstarter projects (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/527051507/hexbright-an-open-source-light/comments) which were 17 months late delivering and they were fully funded with hundreds of thousands of dollars and they had a simpler project.  We are working very hard to deliver our new technology on a reasonable schedule and have no intention of making people wait 17 months.  All I ask for is a little patience, and if you don't want to be patient, just request a refund and refrain from posting messages like this.

Hopefully, when you get the email you will see that you were wrong and feel the urge to apologize.  We accept in advance so there is no need.  But please go to every place you have posted a message like this and retract it.  It is bad form.

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM
I read your posts on various websites and responded in full at the CodePlex site. You should read that before continuing here.

I am very sorry for your frustration. Clearly, we have had a communication problem and I take responsibility. I would prefer not to be attacked or cursed at, but I do value customer satisfaction and I want to make you happy.

I do see now that several emails have come through. Two were from our ordering system and two were directly to me. Three were in my SPAM folder, but one was in my inbox and I missed it. Frankly, I have too many emails and customer requests to track myself and some things have started slipping through the cracks. This is one of them. I am adding a person after the 1st of the year to focus of customer communications in an effort to fix that.

If you would like a refund, I would be happy to refund your money. I am not a dishonest person and I do not scam people. If I were, I would be very bad at it because to date I have raised about $750 to support the JwiK™ project: hardly a windfall. In fact, common sense told me to abandon the project all together with so little support, but I did not want to let the supporters down and I assumed that everyone would be understanding of a delayed schedule given the circumstances.

Until Richard Quinnel at Microcontroller Central told me about your post there, I had no idea this was a problem. Now that I do know, I will make it right. Please tell me what you want me to do and I will do it. If you want a refund, I will be happy to do that AND I will ship your order when it is ready free of charge as compensation for your frustration.

You have my personal email and my cell phone is 405-593-1242. I have issues from time to time with voice mail and I do screen calls. So if you want to be sure to get through to me, give me your phone number and I will make a contact for you so that I know to answer when you call. I am doing that for all 7 of the JwiK™ supporters.

- Steve Montgomery

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 8:42 AM, JP6364 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello,

I backed Steve on the kickstarter and got redirected to his www.d6Labs.com

I order items totaling $205.65. He appears to be dead or a scammer. I have emailed at all his many different sites, no response. I may call small claims court in Yukon, Oklahoma to check options for filing a case. Very sad, seemed like a cool project.

If anyone else got scammed please reply. May be able to get monbey back from him.

J.P.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (jwik@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email jwik@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Regards,

Steve Montgomery