Integrated Development Environment
Java programs are compiled using the free tool chain supplied with JDK. Compilation alone is not sufficient to load a program into flash memory; tools for VMFILE generation, downloading, and on-target debugging are also required.
To that end, we have also created a free open-source IDE written in C# for .NET 4.0 and WinForms.
The IDE provides a syntax highlighting text editor, docking interface, and project manager. The editor is based on the Fast Colored Text Box (http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/161871/Fast-Colored-TextBox-for-syntax-highlighting
which is open-source. The docking interface is based on DockPanelSuite (http://sourceforge.net/projects/dockpanelsuite/
) which is also open source.
In general, the IDE provides the following features:
* - Not available yet. These features will be part of the first release, but are not available now.
- Project management - create, open, and manage JwiK™ projects
- Multi-monitor support
- Docking document management
- Automated build system
- VMFILE generator
- Automatic program downloading via USB port *
- Interactive line-level debugger with break-points *